Saturday 3 March 2012

WOWZERS........The Leap Year GUARANTEE has actually blown me away with its response, The Western Club is known as a late starting club unfortunately and no matter what we do to try and remedy this, we always seem to get late runners....

Well.....The £2900 Guaranteed leap year tourney 29...29...29...29 etc etc was due to start at 8:30pm as per our evening tournaments, I was hugely confident it would be a success due to its awesome value and structure (my own brainchild...) BUT....shock horror.....8:20pm....25 people.....arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Then it happened....

People.....More People......wave upon wave of hungry poker fanatics......phew......

Nope...no phew......now we are OVER subscribed! I find myself carrying table after table....chair after chair trying to get everyone seated as quickly as possible.....i'm sweating....burning calories during a weeks worth of exercise for me crammed in to an hour!

Final total...198 Registrations....160+ Members & Guests in the club!

Plus 3xMembers cash games full, 2xKalooki games full, Both Snooker tables full with waiting lists!

6 flat screen tv's showing the England game and even the table football was packed!!!

A fantastic event that i'm sure will return!

Matt

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a awesome night..!!

    I aint been down once this year. Time to get my butt in gear and head over to Park Royal.

    I will add this blog to my blogroll

    Keep up the good work

    Rosh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosh, we hope to see you soon!

      Spread the word!!!!

      The Western Club

      Delete